26 March 2012

Danger Mouse - Good Grief! The Hiphop Mix Tape, Volume 3 (2000) CDR

Danger Mouse - Good Grief! The Hiphop mixtape, Volume 3 (2000) CDR






Before Brian Burton shot off into the stratosphere of stardom (alliteration, ho!), he put out a very consistent and tight series of mixtapes and CDs. I bought this at Wuxtry Records in Decatur around the spring or summer of 2000. I didn't know who this man was, but I was sold on the track listing from the moment I saw it.

Solely by coincidence, about a month later, I went to Athens to meet some friends for drinks and a late dinner. The friend-of-a-friend across the table introduced himself. Hey, aren't you the same guy that put DWYCK over Who Got Da Props? I had to go to my car and get the disc. It was indeed Danger Mouse, and I gushed about how good of an ear he had for blends. Of course, they call these 'mashups' nowadays. A couple of years go by, and the Grey Album explodes onto the scene. From there, you know the rest of the story.

The disc I have in the case now is actually the fourth instance I've burned. The previous three would all get scratched because I'd have to have a copy everywhere. This rip is fresh from my new, azure blue Taiyo Yuden copy.

Track Listing

01 Danger Mouse - Intro
02 Pete Rock w/ Inspectah Deck - True Master (DM Mix)
03 Common - The 6th Sense
04 Nas - Drunk 4 Self
05 Big Pun - Leatherface (DM Mix)
06 Mass Influence - All Out
07 Brand Nubian - Escape from NY (Pete Rock Remix)
08 KRS One - Let it Flow
09 Saukrates - Check for Me
10 Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed (DM Mix)
11 Fugees - Vocab (DM Mix)
12 Afu-Ra (feat. the Cocoa Brovaz) - D & D Soundclash
13 Raekwon - Let it Rain
14 Oktober - Infinite Echoes
15 M.O.P. - Home Sweet Home
16 Kool Keith - Hands on Experience
17 Akinyele - Put it in your Mouth
18 Danger Mouse - Interlude
19 Gangstarr - Dwyk (DM Mix)
20 Canibus - 2000 B.C.
21 Notorious B.I.G. - Party & Bullshit
22 Beatnuts (featuring Method Man) - Se a Cabo (Remix)
23 Kool G Rap, Rah Digga, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common, Pharoh Monch, De La Soul - Respect Hip Hop
24 Big L - Put it On (DM Mix)
25 Mos Def & Talib Kweli (feat. Mary) - Beautiful (Blackstar Remix)
26 Royal Flush - Muthafucka
27 Yes - Owner of A Lonely Heart
28 GZA (feat. Inspectah Deck & Masta Killa) - Breaker Breaker (Remix)
29 Doug E. Fresh & Slick Rick - The Show
30 Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody (DM Mix)
31 Danger Mouse - Outro


No comments:

Post a Comment